PolarClock is now available as a screen saver for Mac and Windows, and also as a dashboard widget for OSX Tiger. This release is a total rebuild from scratch using Flash CS3, Flex Builder and ActionScript 3.0. There has been a staggering amount of feedback over the past few months, all of which was very useful. There are more things to add, but there are only so many hours in the day!
Check out the new features:
- Language Selection (28 languages so far)
- Text alignment (outside, centre or inside of arc)
- Font size 12 - 30pt
- 24/12 hour clock modes
- Flipping of text when it’s in the lower half of the arc (to stop it being upside down)
- Guidelines behind arcs
- Arc properties (thickness, padding, radius )
- A spacer Arc for padding between Date and Time ( movable to be between any arc)
- Continuous/Stepped motion (continuous was requested a lot, so that you can see a minute slowly stretching each second to become the next minute etc).
- Ordering of the arcs. You can put the arcs in any order that you want.
- Colours: Luminance, change the lightness of the arcs
- Colours: Saturation, change the strength of the colour
- Colours: Hue offset, change the hue of the arcs to between 0º and 360º